Arrival & Check in:
Join us as we come together to form a community of presence high above Lake Sonoma for this lovely soul-filling time in nature. Together we will get away from our daily lives to realign ourselves with the stars and the seasons, share yoga guided by "Prema" Trish, Gaya and Shanti Devii, and sing sacred chants with Atmanna. June 21-22 (stay overnight or come for the day & evening)
arrive at 10:00am to set up tent
11:00am Food is Medicine Talk with Prema/Trish in the Four Winds Studio
Noon: Movement Opportunity:
Playing with Fire Asana with Shanti Devii in the Four Winds Studio
1:15pm Lunch time and relax
2:30pm Welcoming the Solstice with the founders & Brenda Kobrin
4:00pm: Movement Opportunities:
Go Gentle with Trauma Sensitive Yoga with Hannah in the Sacred Grove
Step it up a bit with Into the Wilderness Asana & Meditation Practice with Gaya in the Four Winds Studio
6:00pm Community Picnic & time in nature
7:30pm Solstice Ritual in the Kirtana
8-10:00pm Campfire Kirtan with Atmanna in the Kirtana
10:30pm lights out
6:00am Sunrise Meditation & Asana with Prema/Trish in the Four Winds Studio
9:15am Community Breakfast
10:30am Closing Circle
11:30am strike your camp
Depart by noon
Guests will bring their own nourishing, Food Is Medicine foods! In June, food ideas will be posted so you can begin changes toward better and better choices to heal body, mind, & spirit. At camp, we are as much as possible 'zero' footprint so bring your cute, adorable, zen mess kits to avoid creating garbage.
When you arrive you will go through the main gate and if there is an campground attendant there, simply tell her/him that you are with Yoga Camp Sonoma, they will direct you to our site, Group Site D. Once you reach our parking lot, look for the check-in table . Go there first and you will get instructions for setting up your camp.
Some people will be tenting on the ground and some will be camping in vehicles in the communal lot. Bring something to glam up your digs: lights, tapestries, a little altar or special rock is all it takes!
The tents can be set up anywhere along the lighted pathway which is the axis of camp. We also have a few spots that are more secluded for those who are confident campers and want to create more silence in their camp experience. You will need to bring bedding and something to provide cushioning (cardboard, several yoga mats, foam) under the bedding.
RVs & Car Camping
For those sleeping in vehicles, they will be parked along the perimeter of the camp on an asphalt surface.
***All sites are within a 2-3 minute walk to the restrooms (porta potties).
We encourage you to glamp (glamour+camp) by bringing a few touches to adorn your accommodations.
The Heart-Held Values of Yoga Camp Sonoma
Values include coming together to create a conscious community, connecting with nature, bringing our health into focus and caring more deeply for the earth that nurtures us. We are thrilled that you will be joining us in this year under the sun and stars. There will be lots of opportunity for movement with yoga asana at different levels and a chance to bring more awareness to your eating through the choices you make as you pack your ice chest. See the RECIPES page for more ideas on evolving your diet.
One of the ways we connect and honor the earth at Yoga Camp is through zero waste camping. We ask that you bring re-usable dishes rather than throw aways and we challenge us all to throw less that a handful of waste into the trash bins on site. Think about this as you pack. A dish towel can be washed when you get home. Paper towels go into the trash. A metal bowl can be wash and used again, a paper plate will be left behind as trash. What world will we create together?
What to bring:
1. Shelter Tent or Vehicle to sleep in
2. Bedroll (sleeping bag or blankets and pad of some sort)
3. Meditation cushion (or thick pillow…or in a pinch you can roll up your yoga mat)
4. Zen Mess Kit (a few dishes that you will use for your food, utensils and a dishtowel—all washable and re-useable). Make sure to bring a serving tray to carry your bowls and utensils on once they are full. We will supply a dishwashing system to clean and sanitize your dishes after each meal.
5. Non-disposable water bottle There is filtered water from the Lake on site.
6. Ice chest with a solid frozen block of ice (you can use a half gallon milk carton and freeze it a few days before you leave).
7. Your food We will eat together in community picnic style. In keeping with the camp value of living lightly on the earth, buy and pack your food with minimal packaging. You will be asked to take all of your refuse (except for compostable matter) home with you, so think ahead.
8. Yoga mats (2 if possible for extra padding on hard surfaces)
9. Flashlight This will be your way of navigating in the dark. Because we are outdoors, there is limited lighting after sunset. Any flashlight will do (make sure you batteries are good!) but headlamps are especially good as they leave your hands free. The bathrooms have indoor lighting. And the main camp path will be lit with solar lights.
10. Clothes for yoga and hiking (including walking shoes). Think layers. We are expecting Highs in the 80s and and Lows in the high 40s.
11. Biodegradable toiletries (castille soap for hand and dishwashing).
12. Sun protection (sunscreen and especially a hat).
13. First Aid Kit
14. Anything that glamourizes your accommodations without making trash. Re-use, upcycle!
15. Notebook and pen Have a stack of used printer paper with one good side? A cheap and easy notebook can be made by cutting it to the desired size and stapling along one edge.
Registration & Camp Details
Y o g a C a m p S o n o m a
*A Spiritual Experience in Nature *A Community of Presence *A Platform for Change!
June 21st - June 22nd
SUMMER SOLSTICE 2018